What is chlorinated rubber paint used for?
A (chlorinated rubber) CR based road marking paint is used to draw parking bay lines, arrows, numbers, lines, and so on. Berger Road Marking can be used on both bituminous and concrete surfaces. It is challenging and abrasion resistant, with excellent weather resistance.
We maintain a fleet of self-propelled and hand-pushed machines outfitted with high-pressure and airless spray systems for completing mega projects of Motorways and National Highways in a timely and quality-controlled manner.
Eastern Highway strives to make the project as stress-free for customers as possible, which is why we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It means we can complete road marking projects outside work hours to avoid disrupting traffic during peak hours.
Road Marking Application
- Appropriate and suitable surface preparation increases topcoat life and durability significantly. Skilled/experienced individuals should apply paint.
- The painting surface must be dry, clean, and free of all contamination. Clean up any dirt, grease, or waxy material. Using a suitable bristle brush, scuff all loose material.
- The surface temperature must be appropriate, and We must measure the air’s relative humidity and dew point. The final finish should not be subjected to mechanical stress unless fully cured.
Technical Specifications of CR based Road Marking
The CR based road marking machine has a capacity of 80 liters of paint which can apply lines in width of 10-50 cm with a coverage capacity of 2.5 sqm/ltr.
|Vehicle/Additive/Solvent (Resin System)||45-50%|
|Pigment & Extender||55-50%|
|Viscosity (Ford Cup 4 at 25°C)||100 seconds|
|Color||White, Yellow, Black|
|Adhesion||Asphalt and Concrete|
|Touch Dry||10 to 15 minutes|
|Traffic Dry||2 to 3 Hours|
|Mixing Ratio||Thinner (Roadex)|
|Coverage||2.5 to 3 sqm/ltr (100-75 Microns DFT)|
|Application Methods||Spray, brush or roller|
|Shelf Life||6 months when properly stored|
Safety and Health
• Wear appropriate eye protection when applying paint.
• If the product comes into contact with your eyes, flush them thoroughly with water for at least 10 minutes.
• Avoid inhaling spray mist or dust.
• Use proper ventilation when painting.
• If swallowed, it can cause severe harm.
• Do not use its container for edible storage when it is empty.
• Keep out of the reach of children.
• Pregnant women should avoid inhaling paint mist or spray.
• Seek medical attention as soon as possible in an emergency.
WARNING: Scraping or sanding previously painted surfaces may result in the release of lead dust or fumes. Lead is highly toxic; use extreme caution when handling it.